Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Upcoming Things

Today is September 11th.  We all remember where we were and what we were doing as our world changed.  Everyone seems to be a little calmer, a little quieter, a little more polite on this day each year.  I have heard a few people say how the simple date on the calendar depresses them a little.  I think many of my coworkers are trying to battle that small depression by dumping work on me.

Tomorrow is September 12th.  The good folks at Apple seem to have decided to cheer us up from our 9/11 sadness by holding this year's iPhone event.  I am looking forward to the iPhone 5 (or whatever they end up calling it) as I have an upgrade ready to be used.  I first got the iPhone 3G.  Then I skipped the 3GS.  I upgraded to an iPhone 4, and then skipped the 4S.  I am ready to jump on the next generation's wagon.  I am ready to have iCloud on a 4G network so that it actually works.  Of course, that assumes that AT&T has 4G coverage in my area.  Who are we kidding, there are a number of places on my ride to and from work and near my home where I can't even get a simple cell signal.  Still, I plan on getting the new phone as soon as I can.  I won't be waiting in line at the Apple store because I don't want to take the time off of work (busy busy busy) but I'll order one when I can.

Saturday is September 15th.  That is the day that all the happiness generated by the new iPhone will be sucked out of the universe as that is the day the NHL's collective bargaining agreement expires.  By extension, that is the day that the NHL will lock out the NHL Players Association.  By further extension, that is the day that I stop being a hockey fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment