Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Tired

I'm exhausted.  I feel like I could sleep for a whole day.  Ever feel that way?  I'm generally fine, apart from a pair of very sore legs and what may be the start of a cold, but connecting the mental dots just seems like a struggle today.  Getting from point A to point B seems to require crossing mental mine field C.

So the word on twitter is that the lock out of the NFL officials may be ending.  I suppose the complete slap in the face to the integrity of the game and the shitting upon football fans everywhere finally wore the league out.  I don't write about football much.  Mostly because I generally don't pay any attention to it.  I'm not much of a fan, but I have watched a bit this year just to see what the horrible replacement officials would screw up next.  Now that this particular lock out is ending, I can go back to ignoring the NFL.

Oh that the same were true of the NHL.  Sure, the two sides are meeting on Friday to discuss non-core disagreement issues.  I suppose any progress is positive, but it is just so obvious that the NHL has no intention of resolving this dispute until after the players have started missing pay checks.  It is so clear that they have this target in sight, and that the league will stay dormant until that target approaches.  I am speaking, of course, of the winter classic.  If the league just happens to come back just in time to play that game, then it will be a complete slap in the face to everyone.  It will cheapen what previously had been a really great event and turn it into nothing more than a greed fest.  The hell with October, November, and December, they only care about the January pay day that is the winter classic.  It makes me sick.

The NFL and NBA had work stoppages last year.  The NFL and NHL have them this year.  Why do we put up with this garbage?  What is wrong with us that makes us let these actions continue?  What is wrong with them that makes them think they can treat us like this?

I think the reason why I am so completely exhausted might be because I am so thoroughly insulted.  I can't take much more of this crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment