Monday, August 13, 2012

KA-BOOM

Last night between 11pm and 12am I heard a BOOOM outside of the house.  It was loud enough to make me jump out of bed.  It rattled the windows a little too.  Jen and the kids slept through it.  It scared the hell out of me.  I was pretty sure immediately that it was outside, so I didn't expect to find the kitchen blown to bits or anything like that.  I went through the upstairs of the house and verified that all was well, then I looked outside.

Nothing.

One of the neighbors heard it too and he was out in the street looking around.  I went out too.  Nothing.  No sign of anything that might have blown up.  It had sounded like it was really close to the house, so I can't imagine that it was out on the highway.  I had half expected to look out the window and see one of our cars on fire in the driveway.

Nope, nothing.

So what could it have been?  I've come up with a few possibilities:

1)  An F-15 hit mach 1 while buzzing our street.
2) Aliens threw their flying saucer into warp zillion after having a deep conversation with the squirrels behind our house.
3) A gang war related drive by shooting that included a howitzer and some piss poor aim.
4) Mass hipnosis

Anyone have any other possibilities?

No comments:

Post a Comment