Tuesday, August 14, 2012

KA-BOOM Part II

Last night at about 10:00pm it happened again.  Jen and I were in our room reading and being flaky after a long day and BANG!  Just like Sunday night.

I went outside again to look around and the whole neighborhood was out in the street.  This time there was evidence discovered:
kaboom

Where was that picture taken?  Three feet beyond the edge of my driveway, that's where.  The police were called.  The officer was polite, but seeing as no one saw anything there isn't much that old Johnny Law can do.  We'll probably get an extra patrol car drive by or two for a few nights, but probably not much more than that.

I met many of my neighbors for the first time as we speculated wildly on who the perpetrators are and how they got there and how they got away without being seen.  I did not share my theory on alien flying saucers or buzzing Air Force jets, but I did throw out a someone-probably-came-out-of-the-woods idea.  It was met with acceptance.  I felt like part of the group.

We'll see if it happens again tonight.  I'm guessing that a few of us will be peeking out the front windows round about bed time.  Maybe we should make brownies tonight in case it does happen and we end up with a block party.  That could be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment