Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Camp Update

I take this is a good sign. 

We told my step son to try and tough it out until Tuesday afternoon.  If he was still having a miserable time by then he could call us and we would come running.  The deadline came yesterday afternoon.  I spent the whole afternoon and evening feeling nervous that the call was about to come.  Any minute now, I thought.

I didn't want him to call.  I didn't actually think he would call.  I was just nervous that he was feeling bad while doing something that should be a truck load of awesome. 

At one point last night I looked at the clock and it said 8:45.  The camp has lights out at 9:00.  I went back to whatever I was doing and then looked up again and it was 9:30.  Bed time had come and gone.  Lights out had come and gone.  Still no phone call.  The little man is having fun!  He didn't call in his rescue, so that must mean he's enjoying himself!

I do so hope that that is the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment