Sunday, July 15, 2012

Musically Blindfolded

What the hell?  Mission of Burma released an album on Tuesday and no one told me.  How is that possible?  In this age of complete connectedness, how did that slip past me?  How is it that I was not following them on Facebook?  I feel like such a bad fan.  Granted, I'm still a little obsessed with the new Rush, so that's a big distraction... but still.

So the question becomes, what other events do I have to keep my eye out for?  Smashing Pumpkins has a new record out.  I think it would be cool to see Billy Corgan live again.  There is still the pathetic fact that I have not seen Pearl Jam live yet.  That's sort of embarrassing.  Jeff Beck and Steve Hackett are still on the see-them-before-I/they-die list.  I'd like to see Hot Tuna someday, if I can.  Jack and Jorma are awesome.  I'd prefer to see another Jefferson Airplane reunion, but I am not holding my breath.  There was another old band I was thinking about too, but I can't remember.  I should take notes.  No, I should not take notes... if I do that then this stupid page becomes something I actually think about before doing it.  That would be even lamer than it already is.

So, should you hear about Smashing Pumpkins or Pearl Jam or Jeff Beck or Steve Hackett touring... let me know, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment