Thursday, July 12, 2012

More Maine Pictures

I photo bombed your faces off yesterday with pics from our trip up to Maine.  Now I will do it all again with pics that were actually taken within the state of Maine.

You have been warned.

Again.

Like I said yesterday I tended to take pictures of stuff instead of people.  These are more pictures of stuff.  Mostly.  There will be a private post soon that has people in it.

That is our living room, taken from the side yard at night.  Impressed?  I was.
Untitled

This is the best picture I took over the whole week.
Untitled

I tried starting a camp fire one night and failed.  Uncle Ken was successful.
Untitled

This is the back of our house.  Yeah.
Untitled

There were perfect spider webs all over the place.  Not crappy ones like the jerks in our yard at home make.
Untitled

At the edge of the lake.  It looks like there was a boat launch here in the past.
Untitled

The ducks were regular visitors.  The kids loved them.
Untitled

More great big, slippery rocks on the shore.
Untitled

Something about this boat.  I liked it.  I kept going back to it.
Untitled

Was this the beach they told us about on the house's website?  Probably not, it didn't seem to be public, based on the fore sale sign.
Untitled

One of our two docks had a jet ski launch and park benches built in.
Untitled

The next few are from a brief, failed excursion to Old Orchard Beach.  All the fun kid stuff was closed.
Untitled

Obligatory pier picture.
Untitled

The beach to the left of the pier.
Untitled

The beach to the right of the pier.
Untitled

The fire pit, as seen from the hot tub.
Untitled

We were near the very northern tip of Long Lake and there was a little marina across the water from us.
Untitled

Looking at the dock on the right, from the back yard.
Untitled

Bridgton Fireworks!  Happy 4th!
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Our living room came equipped with a sail boat.
Untitled

I think this one is my second favorite.  I like the colors on the water.
Untitled

There's that little blue sailboat again.
Untitled

The little (probably private) beach around the corner from us had a dock for diving.  There were usually kids on it.  Even after midnight.
Untitled

That bobber was put there by my step son, who is now a fishing fanatic.
Untitled

I tried taking some long exposures of the stars.  They were all a little blurry.  Probably not due to the rotation of the Earth.
Untitled

And finally, a birthday wish for myself.  I want the house we stayed in (it's for sale, for 1.2 million dollars) and this boat.  Can we make that happen?  No?
Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment