Saturday, July 21, 2012

Cars Suck

Our min-van went into the shop a few weeks ago for a whole slew of problems.  One was this sick, weird, scary grinding sound coming from one of the wheels.  They fixed it fine, but shortly after picking it up we heard a different, sicker, weirder, scarier grinding sound.  So the van has an appointment this week to get whatever that is taken care of.

Today I took our other car, which we bought new in June of 2011, for an inspection.  It failed.  Insert dumfounded look of dumfoundedness onto my face.  The guy who did the inspection said he has seen the same thing on other cars of the same year, make, and model.  I guess it's just a problem with the connection to the car's computer.  It actually passed all of the tests, but when it tallied the final results it gave a rejection.  So now the new car has an appointment with the dealer to get whatever that is fixed.

Damn, sometimes cars just suck.

On the irrelevant upside, I finally got a picture or two of the little cardinal that lives in our neighborhood (although I haven't looked at them yet.  Expect a picture post later).  That was one of my wild kingdom goals for this summer.  Now if I could just get a picture of the hawk that comes around occasionally.  Possibly a picture of it eating the little red cardinal.  That would kick many flavors of ass.

On another irrelevant upside, the bathroom is clean.  I think the kitchen is next on the agenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment