Friday, June 29, 2012

Time to Visit Connor

While driving to work this morning I noticed a mosquito sitting on my dashboard.  It was out of my reach, but it was casually walking toward me.  When it was close enough to take a swat at I did so.  As I did so, a snippet of music jumped into my head and I silently sang along in violent triumph.  Freddie Mercury and I belted out the line, "Here I am!  I am the master of your destiny!"

That's when I noticed that I hadn't killed the bug.  It was still sitting there on the dash, broken but alive.  This time when I swatted at it a different thought went through my head.  "There can be only one!"

Yeah... I think I need to see Highlander soon.  Real soon.

I wonder if the TV series is on Netflix... and I wonder if the kids would like it... and I wonder if I would like it because I kinda didn't when it was on the air.  Maybe I should give it another try.

No comments:

Post a Comment