Thursday, June 14, 2012

Stanley Cup Finals Predictions Recap

I've been meaning to write a post about the Stanley Cup Finals, but it's just depressing.  I was all excited for it when the series opened, and when the Kings won game three I was very happy.  Then reality set in.

When the finals end, the Bruins are no longer the reigning champs.  

That just made me sad.  I was happy that the Devils made it to the finals.  I was thrilled that the Kings made it to the finals.  Even more than that, I was overjoyed that the Rangers, Canucks, Capitals, Penguins, Red Wings, Coyotes, ect, ect, did not make it to the finals.

But I still need to recap my final prediction, so here it is:

I picked the Kings to win the Stanley Cup by defeating the Devils.  I predicted six or seven games.  I was right.  The Kings took the Cup in six games.  Good for the Kings.  An eighth seed finally wins it all.  My score for the 2012 playoffs:  11 correct out of 15.  That's 73%.  That might be the best I've ever done.  My goal is always getting more right than wrong, so 8/15 is perfect.  11/15 is better than I would have imagined.

Still...

After the Bruins magical run to the Cup in 2011, this was just sort of... flat... boring... uninteresting... not that much fun.  I would have greatly preferred to go 4/15 if all four of those correct picks were Bruins wins.

So, congrats to the Devils on a great season, and congrats to the Kings for winning it all.

Now let's have the Bruins take that Cup back in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment