Tuesday, June 26, 2012

One of Those Days

Do you know what today is?

Today is, "one of those days."

It has been, "one of those days" since about 4:30 this morning.

Do you know what last night was?

Last night was AWESOME!

My step daughter was involved in a rank promotion ceremony last night. She is now officially a black belt.

Yeah, you heard me. My wife's amazing 11 year old daughter is a freakin' black belt in karate!

I'm so proud. I swear my face hurt from smiling so much. What an accomplishment. It's incredible. 1000 times, congratulations!

For the record, her nine year old brother is scheduled to test for brown belt soon. If he continues to work as hard as he always does, I may be writing a post like this about him in a year or so.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: I am the luckiest step father alive. These two kids are amazing. I love them both so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment