Sunday, June 17, 2012

iPhoto

I have been meaning to do this forever, but haven't gotten around to it.  I have been meaning to start using iPhoto as my photo sorting/editing program of choice.  You see, I have always taken 10 times more pictures than I actually keep.  I shoot multiple copies of everything and then load them all into Picasa and sort out the keepers by exporting them into a separate folder.  Then I upload them to Flickr using the web app.

I want to do it all in iPhoto, but iPhoto makes a copy of each image imported in (at least I think it does... it did in the past, didn't it?) and I don't want that.  I want 90% of what I take to get trashed, not copied and stored somewhere else.  So today I used Picasa to sort out the keepers, and then imported the keepers folder into iPhoto, used the "Enhance" function, and then uploaded directly to Flickr without going through the web.  I still had to adjust some of the permissions, and I added tags through Flickr.com, but otherwise everything worked out.

See?
Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment