Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Black Belt Bonanza

First an aside, then the real post.

It is raining this morning.  My morning commutes over the last 4-5 months have been running a little less than 70 minutes.  I've been lucky.  Today it was a little more than 90 minutes.  I was not lucky.  Gridlock on 93 combined with school buses in Tewksbury and one complete asshole who never even got into the same zip code as the speed limit through the three whole towns that I was stuck behind him combined to make me late today.  Then when I finally got to my desk I sat down and logged in.  As the computer was doing it's thang, I opened up my glasses case and...

My glasses are still on the night table where I left them last night.  The case is here with me, but the glasses are at home.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Now for the real topic of this post.

Tonight is a big night for my step daughter.  She is testing for her black belt in karate.  11 years old and one test away from having her black belt.  That's amazing.  She's amazing.  I approve of this for a number of reasons, mostly because it's such a huge achievement.  Many people learn karate, but most don't get as far as she has gotten.  She has so much to be proud of.  I also approve of this because when she's a teenager it is going to guarantee that all of her suitors behave like perfect gentlemen at all times.  Anyone gets out of line and our girl gets all Chuck Norris on their ass. 

Everyone wish my step daughter the best of luck for her black belt test tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment