Friday, June 1, 2012

Best Thing Ever

When I picked up my step son at baseball practice tonight he was miserable. He was on the verge of tears, and he was pretty unsuccessful at holding them back.

He had had a very bad day. Nothing terrible happened, but a whole bunch of little, petty things had and they all just piled on and made him feel awful.

Tonight at bed time I told him the story of the tiny little baby mouse we found in our bath tub once. It sat in the middle of the tub jumping straight up and down. The vertical leap was probably 1/16th of an inch, but it kept on trying to jump out of the tub like that. It was one of the cutest things I've ever seen.

My step son laughed and laughed.

I gave him a hug and told him that I loved him and wished him sweet dreams. Then he said to me, "thanks for cheering me up."

That made me so happy that I think I might explode. That little man made my century.

No comments:

Post a Comment