Sunday, May 6, 2012

Bird Sanctuary

I finally got around to poking my head into the bird sanctuary. I believe I stood on the rail trail to be. I just walked out onto the refurbished railway bridge over the Spicket River and took some river pictures. I tried to get a couple of shots of different birds too but I got pretty much diddly with the exception of a couple of Canadian geese.

The bridge:
DSC_0002

The mighty Spicket River:
DSC_0004

DSC_0005

The trail is under construction:
DSC_0010

A new piece of bridge:
DSC_0012

Reflections:
DSC_0015

Coming in for a landing:
DSC_0019

The first bird I didn't recognize. It went by so fast I didn't have a chance:
DSC_0025

I had this one lined up but the auto focus failed me for the first time ever:
Auto-Focus Blues

I also stopped to take a look at the Spicket off of Lowell street opposite the falls dam. Sucks to be the owner of this dock, which is sitting smack in the middle of the river:
DSC_0049

Lowell Street:
DSC_0055

No comments:

Post a Comment