Monday, April 9, 2012

I'm an Ass

I'm an ass... like you had any doubt.  I forgot to call my parents to wish them a happy Easter.  What a jerk I am.  Easter used to be a big deal to me.  It's not really anymore.  I still should have called them though.  I'm an ass.

I'm going to take my mind off of what a jerk I am by talking about sports for a bit.  That doesn't change the fact that I'm an ass.  I'm still an ass even when I'm ignoring the fact that I'm an ass.  Okay?

Okay.

The Bruins start their first round playoff series at 7:30pm on Sunday against Ottawa Washington.

Washington?  The match up has been Boston/Ottawa for so long that it's hard to imagine Ottawa didn't finish seventh and that the Capitals passed them in the standings.  The Bruins have owned Ottawa for a while.  I was viewing that almost like a free pass to the second round.  But Washington... they've been a disappointing bunch of underachievers all season, and that trend will hopefully continue into the post season... but they have weapons.  They have skill.  They have potential.  They also have a reputation for choking in the playoffs, and they also have a 22 year old goalie with something like 18 games worth of NHL experience in his entire career, but they are still worthy of fear.

The Bruins played down to their competition all season, and the Caps are a good example.  They lost three times to Washington.  Alex Ovetchkin may have had an "off" year (with something like 36 goals, I'll take that kind of off year) but he is still one of the most dangerous forwards on the planet Earth.

I'm worried about this.  I'm really nervous.

As for the Red Sox.  Let the laughing begin!

So their big three starters have all pitched.  Lester was awesome.  Beckett and Buchholz... well... they were not.  I didn't see any of yesterday's game, so I don't know how Clay Buchholz looked, but on Saturday Josh Beckett looked awful. 

That's the starters... what about the bullpen.  Woah!  Alfredo Aceves, he who has been dubbed "closer" by Schmucko the Clown has pitched twice in the three game so far and has blown two saves without recording an out.  Mark Melancon has been just as bad as he's pitched twice and blown one save and has an 0-2 win/loss record.  Wow!  That's staggering.  That's unbelievable.  Both of them were credited with blown saves in yesterday's game.  BOTH OF THEM!  Aceves went into the bottom of the ninth with a three run lead and let the Tigers score three runs to force extra innings.  Melancon went into the bottom of the 11th with a two run lead and let the Tigers score three runs to win it.

It's going to be a long year for the Red Sox.  A long, painful year.  Just like last year.  Nothing has changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment