Saturday, March 24, 2012

Wilderness Explorers!

The kids and I did some yard work.  They picked up some of the wind blown/squirrel distributed trash that was lying around the edge of the woods while I dragged the last of the downed branches over to the woods.

This is the result of two storms.
HipstaPrint

After the work was complete we headed out into the woods behind the house to do some exploring.  There is actually a little path back there that leads to one of the houses on the next block.  We had no idea.
HipstaPrint

Usually my woods pictures are taken from the house.  The trees look bigger up close.  (har har har)
HipstaPrint

Yesterday I turned the shuffle-to-randomize function on in Hipstamatic.  Yeah, I think I'll turn that off now.
HipstaPrint

The kids chose our first destination, a hill to the right of our property, and on the other side of the hill were a lot of bark-free dead trees.
HipstaPrint

There were also downed trees all over the place.  A number of them were magically transformed into balance beams.
HipstaPrint

Artsy, eh?  The randomize function gave me black and white film.  Was I aware of this?  Nope.
HipstaPrint

At last, the settings I actually chose!
HipstaPrint

My step son was really digging how much ground this tree pulled up when it fell over.
HipstaPrint

Please note that after we got back into the house, Mommy searched the kids for ticks and Robbie made everyone get changed so he could wash all of our clothes.  Yeah, deer tick paranoia runs rampant in our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment