Thursday, March 8, 2012

That Was Fun

When I picked up my step kids tonight my step daughter asked me to help her figure out something on her saxophone. She is having a tough time hitting the low D without having the pitch pop up an octave. My step son is learning the recorder in school and he wanted in on the practicing too.

So she and I both broke out our saxophones and I gave her a couple of little exercises to do but made sure to both emphasize and demonstrate that EVERYONE has a tough time keeping the low D down.

My step son played some of his lessons and I transposed on the fly and played along. Then my step daughter and I played her lesson together.

It lasted about 30 minutes, and it was SO MUCH FUN!!!!

The kids might be thinking I'm nuts for being so giddy over something so minor, but it was one of those moments when having kids in my life is an unbelievable thrill. It was a little thing, but it was huge for me.

I love being a step dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment