Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Boots

So the new Rush record is due to come out on May 29th or so. I'm excited. Obviously.

A few months ago I started a goofy Google Music projectoid. I wanted to take all of the billion or so Rush bootlegs I have found on the 'net and rip mp3 copies of everything and then upload them all to a free Google Music account and make a series of playlists each containing every show I have for each tour.

I uploaded everything I had already ripped for iPod use and then started catching up one tour at a time. I ran out of steam after finishing the 1979 Semispheres tour.

I have been inspired to pick it up again, and tonight I finished the 1980 Permanent Waves tour.

Why oh why are there so few good audience boots from this tour when there are so many good ones from '78-79 and from '81? It's such a puzzle to me.

I'm listening to the 5/13/80 show from Hershey, PA. It sounds like drool, but the performance is stellar.

I can't wait for the new album.

No comments:

Post a Comment