Thursday, March 29, 2012

An App of an Evening

I was listening to the Bruins game on the NHL iPad app and reading World War Z on the iBooks app when Washington broke the 0-0 tie in the third period. My wife and step daughter have been hounding me to read The Hunger Games for a few days now, but I have put it off until I finished World War Z. I only had 50 pages or so left so with the game seemingly blown I turned off the NHL app and turned on the iPod app. I picked a Genius Mix (60's Psychedelic Rock seemed like a good choice at the time) and buckled down on the book.

As the Genius Mix fed me a steady diet of Pink Floyd, Syd Barrett, Traffic, Jefferson Airplane, and Paul Kantner/Grace Slick music I finished the book. I then opened up the Kindle app and started reading my wife's copy of The Hunger Games. After four chapters I needed a break so I jumped onto the Twitter app and learned that the Bruins did indeed lose, but that they tied the game at two before losing in the shoot out. So they did not clinch their playoff spot, but they did move one point closer.

I think I'm done reading for the night so I thought I would open up the Blogger app and write a little blurb about all of the apps I've used tonight.

Now as the Genius Mix brings up Pink Floyd's High Hopes, maybe I'll open up the Netflix app and watch some South Park or something.

Night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment