Monday, February 20, 2012

Wow

I didn't know I had it in me. Well, I don't but that's beside the point.

I started the day with 11 songs needing lyrics, melodies, and recorded vocals. By about 2:45 all 11 were done.

Granted I blew through them all so fast that the melodies are at best interchangeable and at worst identical. That's no different than any other songs I've ever written though. Also, digital editing played a big part in the speed of completion. It's nice to sing a part once and then use it in three different places.

But still, all 11 songs have vocals! I didn't think I'd be able to pull that off.

So tomorrow's plan is a couple of new songs, including vocals, a couple of acoustic guitars, and a couple of small sax parts (egad!). Basically, anything that requires a microphone. After that it's electric guitars through my headphone amp.

Might I be able to finish on time this year? Did I just jinx myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment