Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What the Hell, Bruins?

The Bruins lost to the Senators 1-0 last night.  Their lead in the Northeast Division is now down to one point over those same Ottawa Senators.  The Bruins were shutout FIVE TIMES in February.

What the hell, Bruins?

One of the things that sucks about being a music fan who is getting old is that most of the musicians I follow are getting even older.  A couple of nights ago, King's X drummer Jerry Gaskill had a heart attack.  King's X may be the top of my list of bands I haven't seen yet who I have to see before I (or they) die.  I say that in jest, of course.  Hopes for a speedy recovery.  King's X is a guilty pleasure for me.  When they are good they are unbelievably good.  Stunningly good.  When they are bad they're sort of okay, I guess.  I feel like a hypocrite when I listen to them though as there are strong christian themes in most of their music and the very idea of christian rock music makes my stomach turn.  Still, when they put out a new record I am usually one of the first in line to get it.

Could tonight be the first snowpocalypse of 2012?  Yesterday morning the prediction was for a dusting tonight, and 4-6 inches by morning.  Today the forecast is calling for 6-10 inches over all with both a nasty evening commute tonight and morning commute tomorrow.  After last year's massive amounts of snow we have gotten off almost completely free this year (mother nature totally owes us after last year) with only a couple of small snow falls that melted almost immediately.  This snow isn't going to stay around long either, but 10 inches on March 1st would suck just in principal.  Say no to the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment