Thursday, February 9, 2012

RPM Progress Report

I don't know what to make of this.

I've got six songs in the works.  I'm still thinking I will write and record everything on the iPad, but I still haven't tried plugging the guitar or mic into it yet.  It all kinda hinges on that little test.

I have Monday 2/20 off for a holiday.  I took Tuesday 2/21 off too with the plan of having two full days to myself to do nothing but music.  Now I find out one of the kids has a school function on Friday the 17th so I have to take that day off too, which means I will have part of that day at home to work on the project as well.

The songs are coming (so far).  I have time open to seriously crank things out.

But I am still not feeling this at all.  It's all forced.  None of the music is sticking with me.  As soon as I stop working on something it's gone from my brain entirely.  There's no emotion involved at all.  It's all paint by numbers.  There is no inspiration anywhere.  I'm going through the motions.  It's all a little depressing.

I'm not going to stop though.  Not yet at least.  I've never finished one of these damn projects on time.  It'd be a shame if this turd is the one that finally gets in by the deadline, but it is still a goal I want to meet.

I'll keep pluggin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment