Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day

Every now and then I mention a series of events that my friends and I put on called Game Night.  That's where a group of us get together and use playing board games as an excuse to visit with everyone.  Game Nights weren't always game nights though.  The original version of was an annual event called Anti-Valentines Day.  At the time we were all single, and two of us had just gone through painful break ups.  Anti-Valentines Day was meant to be a symbolic flipping off of all the happy couples in the world and it was celebrated at a bowling ally.  We'd bowl a few strings and revel in the fact that we weren't among those lame couples celebrating a make-believe holiday.

That's all in the past now.  Those days are long gone for me.

All I want to do today is hold my wife's hand and smooch her and be mushy and let everyone on Earth know that I am head over heels in love with the most beautiful, charming, sweet, witty, brilliant woman alive.  Just the fact that she keeps me around is proof that I am the luckiest son of a bitch who's ever lived, and the fact that she actually married me just blows my freakin' mind.

I love you Jennifer,and I am so happy that you are my Valentine and I want the whole universe to know it. 

Happy Valentines Day

No comments:

Post a Comment