Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Forgive My Goofiness

Please forgive me for this one.  I'm a little giddy.

My RPM Challenge this year has been done entirely on my iPad.  I started the 10th song last night.  Everything so far is just drums, bass, and keyboard parts played using the built in iPad instruments.  The big question for me was, will I be able to successfully record my guitar and voice? 

As of this morning the answer looks to be yes.

I bought a Jam iPad audio input the other day and this morning before work I took it for a test drive.  My headphone amp was already running through my mixing board so I just plugged the mono out from the board into the Jam and then plugged the guitar into the headphone amp (without bothering to actually tune it first) and crossed my fingers.

It worked.

I was able to record a guitar part for each sub-section of the song.  This years project can now officially continue.

  RPM 2012 Work in Progess #8 by Robertjames1971

No comments:

Post a Comment