Friday, January 6, 2012

Unsubscribe Means Unsubscribe

I received an email from a mailing list that I no longer wish to be a part of.  It related to a site I registered for over a year ago that I haven't been back to since.  (The UK Syd Barrett artwork collections.  Even if I were interested in buying the books I wouldn't be able to do it online without converting dollars to pounds.)  I have probably received maybe 2 or 3 emails from the mailing list in the year that I've been on it so it's not like they were spamming me back to the stoned age or anything (pun intended... get it?... we are talking about Syd Barrett) but today I clicked the link to unsubscribe from the list.  I am never going to shell out 240 English pounds for a book of art work made by some one who my only interest is in his music.  Thanks, but no thanks.

Five seconds after I unsubscribed from the list I got an email telling me I had unsubscribed from the list.

Urgh.... really?

"Unsubscribe" is a polite way of saying "I DON'T WANT ANY MORE OF YOUR GOD DAMN EMAILS SO STOP SENDING THEM TO ME!!!"

It does not mean, "please send me more email."

All people who run electronic mailing lists should consider this post a public service announcement.

You're all welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment