Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Super Bowl

I can't remember exactly when I stopped trying to give a shit about football. It was before the Patriots won their first super bowl. It might even have been before the Patriots lost to Green Bay in the super bowl, whatever year that was.

I know I watched each of their super bowl appearances, and I certainly took the requisite pride in a home town championship, but over all football just became boring to me at some point in the distant past.

Having said that, I must state that I would sure like another crack at those Giants pukes and that little bitch of a mini-Manning as payback for screwing up our perfect season four years ago.

Go Patriots!

Further, didn't the AFC Championship game tonight bear a striking resemblance to the film Ace Ventura: Pet Detective? Is the Baltimore kicker going to turn into Sean Young now?

In all honesty though, now the fans in Baltimore have a slight taste of what it was like to be a Pats fan pre-Bellichick/Brady, or a Red Sox fan between 1919 and 2003...

In other words, it sucks about as bad as being a sports fan can suck. I feel for you, friends in Maryland, even as I laughed my gigantic fat ass off as the NBC cameras panned across the stunned faces of the Ravens players.

Solidarity, but only so far... if you catch my drift.

Again, Go Patriots!

No comments:

Post a Comment