Thursday, January 19, 2012

Slingbox?

I sometimes listen to Sports Radio on 98.5 The Sports Hub in Boston during my commutes.  After working in college radio for three years I have learned to really loath some aspects of commercial radio... namely the commercials.  Every 20 minutes you get slammed with up to 10 minutes of non-programming between commercials and news updates and station IDs and general crap.  It takes all the fun out of radio for me.

WUML... station ID at the top of the hour.  Two PSAs per hour, one recorded and one live.  Done and done, the rest of the time was programming.  Granted when my show was a talk show it was filled with mostly awful talk show programming, and when it was just music it was generally music that no one but me had any interest in listening too, but at least there were no friggin' commercials!

What was I going to talk about?

Oh yeah, the Slingbox.

98.5 blitzkriegs you with Slingbox commercials.  The idea of a Slingbox is nice and all but I don't know a single human being who actually owns one.  That leads me to my question... does anyone actually own a Slingbox?  At this point I don't even care if anyone actually uses one, does anyone actually own one.  I'm not exactly a social butterfly (I just said I spent three years on college radio... duh?) so I don't know that many people, but does anyone out there in internets land actually own a Slingbox?

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I just thought you'd like to know -- I had no idea what a Slingbox was, so I googled it. The third reference in the results list was your blog! Right after the two official Slingbox sites. And no, I don't know anyone who actually has one either.

    ReplyDelete