Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pathetic

I was on call Tuesday morning.  The on call period began at 3:00am Tuesday morning and lasted until I started work at 9:00am.  The event which required the on call support was supposed to take about four hours and then the situation would be monitored for a while and then that would be it.

That's not what happened though.  There were problems that cropped up during the process and things stretched from four hours to about 12 hours.  Our folks on site did a good job keeping things going in a tough situation, but by the time it was finished the day staff was getting ready to go home.  I was asked if I could extend my on call to a second night.  I said okay.

Mistake.

I should not have pushed my luck.  I got called at 9:00 last night and worked until 2:00 this morning.  Then I was all wound up and couldn't fall asleep until about 3:00am and then the alarm started going off at 6:30.  I shoulda bettah known bettah.

Wanna know what else is pathetic?

The Bruins just lost to Tampa Bay.  Tampa Bay had lost seven straight games and were dead last in the Eastern Conference.  A Bruins win would have put us in first in the East.  Their incredible run of dominance is officially over.  They haven't played very well for the last week or two.  They are looking more and more like the 3-7 October Bruins and less and less like the undefeated in November Bruins.  I'm getting nervous.  We play New Jersey tomorrow.  Let's hope for better things.

Wanna know what else is pathetic?

Red Sox outfielder Carl Crawford, who makes about 500 billion dollars a game (slight exaggeration) had surgery on his hand (wrist?) yesterday and will probably miss the start of the season.  After a dreadful first year in Boston last season I was optimistic that ol' Carl would straighten things out this year and be a positive factor for the Sox.  Now that looks unlikely, at least in the short term.

Pathetic, ya know?

No comments:

Post a Comment