Wednesday, December 7, 2011

iTunes Match

I found a major downside of using iTunes match on the iPhone on the way home tonight.

I was listening to a Yes playlist on random. At one point I was stopped at a light and it seemed to be taking a while in between songs. I looked down and saw it had brought up "Awaken" which is about 15 minutes long. Then without playing it jumped to the next song.

Oh no you do NOT skip "Awaken"!

I hit back to try again and it immediately moved to the next song again. I did it three more times, same result. I then went to the album and selected the song directly (yes this is a very long stop light). That's when the error message came up.

It told me I needed to connect to wifi to play the file. Huh? I went to another looooong song, "Close to the Edge". Same thing.

Apparently iTunes Match won't transfer larger files over 3G.

That really pissed me off.

No comments:

Post a Comment