Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Storm + Traffic = Robbie in a Bad Mood

Okay, I get it.  We had a bad snow storm in October.  It was freakish and the snow was wet and really heavy and most trees still had leaves and the leaves plus the heavy snow equals branches breaking off.

I get it.  Really, I do.

But the storm was on Saturday.  Today is Tuesday.  I still had to go through a detour due to a downed tree.  Last night the traffic was horrible.  As bad as it's ever been, even during real snow storms.  There were road closures that weren't there yesterday morning.  How?  There is no snow left on any of the trees.  What would cause new trees to come down?  It wasn't very windy, there was no added weight, what was it?  There were stop lights with back ups that stretched for miles... and this is 48 hours after the snow fell!  My brother's family is still without power.  Still!

Then to top it off, I was going to pick up my wife at her office last night and I got stuck in what I assumed was a car accident induced traffic jam on 495 north.  Over a 35 minute stretch of time I moved about a mile.  I had already been in the car for 90 minutes when I reached the jam up.  It was almost 8:00pm when I reached Jen's office in N. Andover, and I left my office in Framingham at 5:40.  It was just adding insult to injury.  Urgh.

Anyway, the last place Bruins play tonight.  Can they cheer me up?  Probably not.  They suck almost as bad as the traffic did.  Halloween in Methuen has been rescheduled for Wednesday and I will be able to take the kids out trick or treating.  I just hope our neighborhood gets the memo.  Last year our neighborhood was flooded with kids.  It was awesome.  Hopefully the snow won't put a damper on things this year and it will be awesome again.

No comments:

Post a Comment