Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I was Wrong

I am a big enough man to admit that I was wrong.  I was totally out of line and off base.

Yesterday I said that we should not expect MVP caliber numbers from Sidney Crosby in his first game back after almost a year recovering from a concussion.  I said it might take a few games before he is back to his NHL dominating self.

I was 100% wrong. 

He was a hit post away from an assist on his first shift.  Obviously that pissed him off royally because he scored a sick goal on his second shift.  He finished the game with two goals and two assists in a 5-0 win.  Yeah, he was so rusty that he contributed to 80% of his teams goals on the night.  Granted, he was playing the Islanders who are not what you would call a championship caliber team, but it did sort of look like he had never gone away, didn't it?

I didn't watch much of the game last night as I was focused on the Bruins 1-0 win over the Canadiens.  You know, the Bruins ninth consecutive victory.  The win that officially moved them from last place to first place in the Northeast division, and from 15th to 3rd in the Eastern conference.  That game.  Still though, I flipped over a few times and watched the Crosby comeback.  It was scary.  Now the rest of the league has to deal with a Penguins team that was already steam rolling everyone and just got better by adding the best player in the world.  Oh crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment