Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I Control the Animal Kingdom

I am the master and commander of the entire animal kingdom.

No, really!

This morning the cat was spending more time with Jen than with me so of course I wanted to do something to make the cat super jealous.  I opened up the shade on the bedroom window and looked outside... 

Nothing.  No animals.  So I called toward the window, "Here deer deer deer," and then I started putting my shoes on.  I looked up a moment later and lo and behold, a deer was walking by in the woods, about 30-40 yards from our backyard!  I called, and it came!  It was a doe again, probably one of the two who still visit us from time to time.  We haven't seen the whole family of eight or so since last fall.

I think the deer in our woods might have been part of a genetic experiment to cross breed white tail deer with chameleons, because when they are back in the trees and walking around I can see them, but when they stop walking... woah, they vanish.  Perfect camouflage.  It's a little creepy.

However, I now know that when I want the deer to stop hiding and come out and play with us, all I have to do is summon up my new found superpower and call them.  It's true, I control the animal kingdom.

And you thought I was just some random goofball with a Google account.  This makes you want to treat me with a little more respect, doesn't it.

No comments:

Post a Comment