Friday, October 7, 2011

Thankfulness

I would like to say that I am thankful that the tree has been removed but I have yet to hear any news.

Instead I will mention something else I am thankful for this morning.  While I spent last evening either watching the Bruins on the tube or listening on the radio, I lost track of baseball.  I checked the Tigers vs Yankees score once and Detroit was up 2-0 early.  That was all I knew.

This morning I checked the scores again and, as luck would have it, the Tigers won the game 3-2 and won the division series 3-2.  The Yankees are out of it.  Oh happiness!  Oh bliss!

The Yankees are out... the Rays are out... both teams that conspired to keep my Red Sox out of the post season were eliminated in the first round.  Happiness! 

(See what I did there?  I blamed New York and Tampa Bay for Boston's collapse.  That is called, "denial."  In other words, I am trying to forget about how god-awful the Red Sox played in September.  The truth is, it was all our own fault.  The Yankees and Rays didn't do anything other than play well.  All the Red Sox needed to do was win one out of every three games in September and they would have been in the post season, but they failed.  It was all their own fault.  But, being a homer, I am going to make sure New York and Tampa Bay take a share of the blame, for no reason other than jealous hatred.  Go Red Sox!)

Tonight we will get to see who advances in the National League.  Go Phillies.  Go Brewers.

Go Bruins.

No comments:

Post a Comment