Thursday, October 13, 2011

Tell Me Why

Explain this to me:

I pull up to the gas pump, swipe my debit card, see a prompt asking, "Is this a debit card?" with yes/no options.  I press yes and receive a message along the lines of, this pump does not accept debit cards.

Then why oh why did you bother asking me if it was a debit card?

While I'm on the subject, isn't it the 21st century?  Haven't we as a species evolved enough so that payment devices can tell the difference between debit cards and credit cards?

I guess a society that at least in part feels that it's okay for a bank to charge a fee for customers to use a debit card to access their own money may not be evolutionarily advanced enough to handle this.

I guess these things happen in a society where a bank CEO honestly believes his bank as a right to make a profit.  It's like the Declaration of Independence says; life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness, and banking profits.  It's in the Bill of Rights too, isn't it?  Amendment 10.5 or something?

No comments:

Post a Comment