Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Nothing to Say Update

I've got nothing to say today.  Maybe later, but nothing right now.

World Series game 6 tonight?  The Cardinals trail in the series for the first time, three games to two.  They face elimination.  Can they take game six and keep the series alive?  They better.  As soon as this series ends my $15 MLB At Bat 11 app becomes useless.  Let's get another game out of it, okay?  Go Cardinals.

Theo Epstein is officially no longer the General Manager of the Boston Red Sox.  He is now the President of whatever it is for the Chicago Cubs.  Theo oversaw the Red Sox winning the World Series after an 86 year drought.  The Cubs haven't won in 103 years.  If Theo manages to oversee the end of the Cub's eternal futility, after having done the same in Boston...  Would that make him the greatest baseball executive since Branch Rickey?  In case you don't know, he's the guy who invented the farm system and later he's the guy who signed Jackie Robinson and broke the color barrier.  Would Theo need to be mentioned in the same breath?  I think so.  Let's see how he does in Chicago though.  Personally I'm hoping for another 103 championship free years.  The idea of a Cubs team winning it all is somehow offensive to me.  It makes me feel dirty.

On a non-baseball note, I guess I didn't say anything weird in my sleep last night.  Finally a night without evidence of madness.

Whew

Go Cardinals.

No comments:

Post a Comment