Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday

Friday.  Even in a short week like this one, Friday seems so far away until the very moment it arrives, and then it is the best present you could hope for.  Friday at 5:30pm, when I sign out of the office, is possibly the best time of all.

My neck and shoulder are still hurting.  Driving definitely makes it worse.  At least, turning my head to the side to look for on-coming traffic makes it worse.  Hunching over my desk at work doesn't help at all either.  However, on each of the last two nights after I've got home it has improved dramatically.  Driving and working seem to generally make me tense my shoulders and that hurts.  Taking a load off on the couch, watching Disney shows with the kids lets me relax and that helps a lot.  Sleeping is hit or miss.  It depends on how I am positioned as I sleep, I think.  The plan for this weekend is for me to clean the whole house.  It's going to hurt, but I expect to be pretty loose as I clean, so it should be okay.  Still... I've had enough of this.  It can stop now.

Baseball update?  Both of my teams lost last night, the jerks.  The Rangers still lead their series three games to two over Detroit, but the Cardinals and Brewers are tied at two games a piece.  I watched some of the National League game last night.  The Cardinals were winning when I shut it off.  Jerks.

Hockey update?  The Bruins are playing like the stereotypical championship hang overs.  Urgh.  They'd best get going or they are going to dig a Chicago sized hole for themselves.  Krejci needs to get healthy too.  Come on, Bruins.  Play like you mean it. 

iOS 5 update?  Everything I've tried has worked.  I haven't done anything with the new notifications yet, and I haven't used the Messenger because no one else has set it up yet.  I generally keep notifications off.  Maybe I'll turn them on for the NHL app tomorrow and see how it looks when the score updates come through.  Sounds like a plan.  Other than that?  My favorite update is that Safari now shows open windows as tabs.  No more of that new page button crap.  Welcome to the 21st Century, oh Safari.

No comments:

Post a Comment