Sunday, September 25, 2011

Please, Red Sox

It's 11:30. The Red Sox and Yankees are in the 14th inning of the second game of a double header. The Sox have not won a game since June (slight exaggeration) and a loss tonight lets Tampa Bay catch us in the wild card race. A win increases our lead to one full game.

Jacoby Ellsbury just hit a three run homer. They lead 7-4.

I have been very disturbed by the September collapse. I am doing all I can to stay positive. I'm waffling between begging and yelling, but I will not abandon my seat on the bandwagon.

Today I am taking the Captain Picard approach to the collapse:

"The line must be drawn here! This far, no further!"

Hopefully we will get into the playoffs and advance to the second round where we will face the Yankees and throw out another Captain Picard line:

"I will make them PAY!"

We go to the bottom of the 14th with a three run lead and a pitcher I've never heard of trying to nail down the save.

One out...

I cant bear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment