Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11/01 - 9/11/11

Does it feel like it's been 10 years to you? In a way it does. The world is such a different place now. Better in many ways, worse in other ways. At the same time, when I see the pictures and the video it feels like it is still happening. I feel just as helpless as I did 10 years ago.

We are watching the news. The New York memorial is fantastic. I can't wait to visit it. The memorial in Boston is fantastic. I can't wait to visit it.

We are going to take part in each moment of silence. Jen and I have both had blubbery moments. The kids don't understand, but they are trying.

The one thing we need to take from that day is the way we came together as a nation, as a society, as people. We were united. There was so much love as we tried to recover. We could use a little of that now.


No comments:

Post a Comment