Tuesday, August 30, 2011

WTF Wayland?

The median household income in Wayland, MA is $101,036. It has the seventh highest per capita income in the state of Massachusetts.

Why then is it the only town I drive through that hasn't managed to clean up the mess from Irene?

I was in Wayland, five minutes away from work at 8:55. I got to work at 9:18. Two roads closed, one of which was route 126, and a power outage that destroyed the traffic at the junction of routes 27 and 30.

Every other town I drive through on my morning commute? Nothing. No traffic at all, and that is including the fact that most of those towns had their first day of school today. I got stopped by one school bus, but other than that it was smooth sailing from the moment I got off the highway.

Not in Wayland though. It took me 45 minutes to get out of town last night. I can handle that, but here we are at the 48 hour mark and a town that is dripping with property tax money can't clear a state highway?

I am taking a different route home tonight so I won't see any progress, or lack thereof, tonight... and I can't wait until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment