Sunday, August 21, 2011

HTML5 Re-Test

I haven't looked into this in a while. I'm curious to know which browsers are supporting the HTML audio tag at this point.

Here is an audio tag:


Okay, what happens if you use more than one source tag? Will it create a playlist type of thingie?



Please pardon me for using terrible music from my alonetone account. I'm very sorry.

ADDENDUM
Firefox does not support the audio tag. There are two boxes rendered where the audio players should be, but they both contain a big ugly X.

Chrome does support the audio tag. Adding two source tags does not appear to create a playlist.

Safari loaded an audio player, but it does not appear to be able to play the file.

Internet Explorer doesn't do anything. At least Firefox let me know something was supposed to be there, even if it was just with an error. Not IE. IE is just blank.

Opera, like Safari, rendered the audio player, but did not load the audio file.

What does this mean? It means everything is the same as the last time I went through this exercise. It probably also means I don't have the latest versions of each browser on this machine. I'll take some updates and try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment