Sunday, August 21, 2011

Good News and Bad News

Good news first. On the musical front, my 2011 RPM is completely tracked. I just finished putting leads onto the last couple of songs. Corners were cut, scratch tracks were used (including one really bad one on the last song), intonation is terrible, playing is sloppy, but next stop is mixing.

Now the bad news, that makes me feel terrible for even considering that the good news exists, and makes the good news so utterly inconsequential that I am embarrassed to have even considered it, my mother is in the emergency room.

She had some shortness of breath. Her GP is worried about chemo-induced blood clots so she's been sent to the ER to have her oxygen checked and to see if there has been any clotting. It doesn't sound like something that would be all that big a deal, but given the extended circumstances I think everything could be a big deal. I'm nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment