Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Bug, Not "The" Bug

I don't feel sick today. Let's celebrate!

Well, I'm a little stuffy, and I coughed up some stuff this morning, but no sore throat and nothing else funny. Let's assume it's allergies and move on with our lives.

I started listening to an audiobook of Stephen King's The Stand. If you know the story, then you know why having cold/flu symptoms might be freaking me out. At least the dates in the story don't line up with the actual dates. My friend Mike had that happen to him the first time he read The Stand. The dates in the story and the actual dates he was reading were about the same, and he started catching a cold. Can you imagine how that would mess with someone's head?

So it seems I don't have the cold/flu bug (fingers crossed as always). I have a different kind of bug though. Jen has it too. We are suffering with the Travel Bug. Now that we're home from a week and a half vacation to the opposite side of the continent, what are we starting to look forward to? Why traveling, of course.

Nothing major, just bed and breakfast type places over three day weekends. That sort of thing. We started looking at places at the far end of a one day drive last night and decided we should probably save up a little and go some place super swanky late in the year, rather than someplace less opulent over Labor Day weekend.

Who knows, maybe we'll go back to San Diego (kidding!) over Labor Day weekend. Take a red-eye on Friday night after work, then stay for Saturday and Sunday and fly back on Monday. What do you think? I'm kidding, of course, but if this were serious I don't know if I'd be able to drag myself back at the end of the weekend (kidding?).

No comments:

Post a Comment