Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Adjustments

I've been to the West coast twice. In 2009 we spent a week there on our honeymoon. I honestly don't remember how long it took me to adjust to the time zone changes.

Two weeks ago, when we returned to San Diego, it took about two days for the four of us to acclimate to Pacific time. We planned the trip with two days at home before going back to work specifically to help us re-acclimate to Eastern time. We needed two days out West so it makes sense that we'd need two days back home too, right?

Wrong.

Today is our fourth day back and I'm not adjusted yet. Last night Jen and I both complained about being completely exhausted when we got home from work, but we were both unable to fall asleep until after 11:00. I fell asleep at around 11:15 or so and then woke up again at midnight and couldn't fall back to sleep until about 1:00am.

This morning when I woke up at about 6:30 I felt more exhausted than I had before I went to sleep. I felt like I'd stayed up all night. I believe I am going to need to hit the caffeine pretty hard today.

How long does it usually take to adjust from Pacific time to Eastern time?

No comments:

Post a Comment