Friday, July 29, 2011

Positive Role Models

Our beloved Boston sports franchises are just dazzling me with their trades this year. They are bringing into town one supremely positive role model after another.

I've talked about the Bruins trading for Joe Corvo already. I don't want to get into how I feel about that particular pile of puke anymore, but to sum up he was once convicted of assaulting a woman. Like I said, puke.

Now we learn that the New England Patriots have traded for Albert Haynesworth. I don't follow the NFL much, if at all, so I was unfamiliar with this winner.

I read a story on espn.com today that said that already this summer he has been arrested twice, once for a road rage incident in which he settled out of court, and the other for fondling a waitress in a bar. He is currently facing a misdemeanor charge of sexual abuse for that one.

I wonder if Joe and Albert know each other. Maybe the two of them can hang out in Boston area bars and talk shop.

What positive role models they both are.

No comments:

Post a Comment