Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday

That was a good weekend. Too bad it couldn't last for another 30 years or so.

On Saturday the kids and I did all the usual stuff. Piano, Karate, some chores, the usual. We watched a couple of Harry Potter movies. Jen came home from work and we played 45s for a while, which seems to be the big fun new game for all of us.

On Sunday we saw deer in the morning and again in the afternoon, The kids left with their Dad to go to a Star Trek convention where the lucky stiffs got to go to a meet and greet with William Shatner. The picture of the kids is priceless. Jen and I saw the new Harry Potter movie. Is it kid friendly? Not really. My step son would probably not sleep for a week if he saw it now. My step daughter might be able to handle it, but it's a close call. Jen and her Dad are going to talk it over and we'll see if we can get my step daughter out to see it. Oh, and Jen and I loved every second of it.

We had cook outs both days, we saw deer twice (did I mention that?), we had a lot of fun. I'm sad that this weekend had to end, although it brings us that much closer to our California vacation. I'm really starting to look forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment