Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Is it Time to Go Yet?

Seven years ago today I was hired. I'm still here. Seven years is the longest I've stuck to anything in my entire adult life. I went to two colleges and got a mini degree and a real degree over the course of seven years. Work is now tied with school.

How does this anniversary make me feel?

It makes me want next months vacation to get here RIGHT NOW! RIGHT NOW! We're going to San Diego. We're going to Disney Land. We're going to Southern California during the summer. We're going to swim in the Pacific ocean like it's nobody's business. We're going to ride Splash Mountain like we just don't care.

I jokingly said to Jen recently that before we go to California we should all spend a day at the beach here. Maybe Old Orchard, or Hampton, or something. I figured, jokingly, that we could have a discussion with the kids where we compare and contrast the two biggest oceans on Earth.

Jen then came up with a really great idea that made me really want to get to the Atlantic before we fly out West to visit the Pacific. She said we should fill up a couple of water bottles with water from the Atlantic, and then pour that water into the Pacific, there bye mixing the two oceans. Isn't that a great idea? I think that's a great idea. I want to do it!

I want to go on vacation, damn it!

Seven years... I think I should be ready for retirement by now, don't you? Maybe we'll open up that ice cream shop in San Diego after all.

1 comment:

  1. Consider this my official application for ANY job you'll have available in San Diego. When can I start?

    Oh, and I cast my vote in favor of Jennifer's idea... Sounds like a good one, to me. Wonder what will happen when the two oceans are intermingled???

    ReplyDelete