Friday, July 8, 2011

Google+

I'm on Google+!

I got an invite from a former co-worker and joined up. I immediately sent an invite to Jen so we're both on now!

Unfortunately, very few other people that we know are on with us. So it's going to be a little lame in the early days.

First impressions? The Stream is not a stream. Entries that have comments placed on them are moved to the top of the list. I think it should be in chronological order, but that's just me.

You can edit comments. Hey Facebook, this is what we call a "novel idea." Try it out, mmmmokay?

I haven't used very many of the other features because I don't have enough connections yet. I set up Circles for people from school and people from work, but most of the people I know will either end up under friends or family. Jen is magical, she shows up in both.

Plus is integrated with Buzz! Finally a reason to look at Buzz! Oh wait... no it isn't. Linking it to Buzz is probably reason enough to expect Plus to die a quick death.

Outside of that? My first impression is Twitter with your followers separated into groups. I can post something into my stream and have one group see it while all the others don't, or vice versa or whatever. This way I can put all of my family members into one circle and then swear my head off all day long and just exclude family from the conversation. See, Mom? I learned my lesson that time you washed my mouth out with soap for dropping Eff Bombs on the 1st grade playground.

No comments:

Post a Comment