Thursday, July 21, 2011

Damn Cat

It's bad enough that when I woke up this morning I was not yet on vacation in California, but it got worse almost immediately.

The damn cat took another swipe at my step son and gave him a nice little scratch. He did not provoke Patches in any way. He sat on my bed with the cat and pet her a couple of times. Then I told him to get off the bed and get his breakfast. He did. He stood up and started walking away and the cat reached out and got him.

Why? Why does the cat only target him? I'm the fat guy who rolls over while she's trying to sleep on the bed with us. I'm the guy who nearly squashes her in the dead of night. On the cat's first night with us she bit my step daughter twice, but hasn't done anything to her since. Jen and I have both been swatted at, but not in ages. Why does he get all the clawed attention? I've seen him get in the cat's face before, and I've seen the cat react badly to it, but the last two times he's received a swipe he didn't do anything to deserve it.

I'm really pissed off at the cat. I know she's just being a cat and that's what cats do, but like I said she leaves the rest of us alone and only goes after the boy. Hell, she even ignores the fish! I have half a mind to try feeding her to the deer.

No comments:

Post a Comment