Saturday, July 30, 2011

Bass Response

The AUX input on our new car's stereo is on the fritz. That means it's back to compact disc land for commuting music.

I've never been an audiophile. Given that I've actually run a couple of fully functioning recording studios and have listened to music on some seriously awesome sound systems you'd think I would be a little more discriminating in my choice of audio sources. Nope, not me. MP3s are usually all right for me although I freely admit that CDs completely destroy them, and I can usually hear the differences (not always, but often).

So I had the newly remastered version of Moving Pictures by Rush in the car's CD player while I was driving to Salem to pick up tonight's Chinese food take out. As "The Camera Eye" came on I turned up the volume... A bit... A lot.

As the kick drum was causing the rear view mirror to literally shake I had one of those rare, holy-Christmas-this-sounds-AWESOME moments.

That's it. Nothing more to this story, just that the Moving Pictures remaster sounds inhumanly sweet. We don't have a surround sound system yet... yet... So I haven't been able to take the blu ray remix for a spin yet, but if it's as awesome as the remaster, then it's going to be Awesome.

That is all.


No comments:

Post a Comment